Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back from Virginia

So we are back from Virginia Beach ! The hubby and I drove 14 hours yesterday ! Yikes !!!!!! I don't think I would do that again. When we were starting to get really fed up about 8 hours in we were in the middle of New Jersey where the traffic was a little crazy and it was just so busy everywhere. All we wanted to do was get home but that last leg was a long one. I was so happy to sleep in my own bed though and it feels good to be home.

Why the rush you may ask ? Well, I wanted to get home early because I knew I would need a day or two to recover before I head out on Monday for my next road trip to Mont Tremblant, Quebec to see MY NEW NIECE !!!! Yes, my sister had her little girl, Kate (Katherine) Ainsley on Tuesday, April 22 (Earth Day) ! The baby was 8 pounds, 12 ounces and my sister did the whole thing au naturel ! Brava, Sister !!! Can't wait to see that little Cupcake Kate !!!! (I have this habit of finding nicknames for everyone - I think this one may stick !)

Virginia Beach was a great time for the hubby and me, inspite of the cold, windy, rainy weather we had to start off. We had only one real beach day on our last day, Thurdsay, when we sat in the sun (got kind of burnt) and "toe-d" in the water and watched the dozen or so dolphins frolick all along the beach right in front of us !!!! I was giggling and clapping my hands like a little girl from my excitement at seeing those magnificent silver bodies in the surf !!!!Such a treat !

On Tuesday, it was about 50 degrees and so blustery ! We got bundled up anyway and headed out in between the rainshowers with the camera. I wanted to just shoot whatever images jumped out at me, and take "quirky" shots. Here are some of the best shots from that day :



I love this photo of me kissing the fish lips !


The hubby hugging the pink fish (not so happy about this "quirky" photo). Check out the reflection in the hotel window.


Virginia Beach has these signs all over ! No behaviour that will ruin anyone else's time allowed ! So cool !

S is for Spiral, Six and Spots (on the sidewalk)


The head of a Venus statue in front of a restaurant - I love her against the bricks.




Cool Restaurant with a Cool Sign



Just liked this - I imagined it on the cover of my art journal !

A rose waiting for the sun just like us !

Sand Art

That's it for this post. I will have more later but I have to get started on laundry and get ready to go get the Chica Dog from Camp !!! Can't wait to see that furry face !

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow 14 hrs. Yuck! glad you made it home and I love the pictures...the gray backdrop made the colors really stand out. So fun :-) P.S. It's me...thestumblydiva. I need to change my profile back I was playing around with it :-)

carolyn said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip and got some great photos! I've never been in a car for 14 hours...5 is tops for me and that felt like forever.
I bet your little furball missed you like crazy!

Kat W said...

Sounds like the trip was wonderful! Have a great time meeting your new niece! (Love the new shoes you're getting!) Thanks for visiting my blog! :)