Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Walkabout

(our soundtrack today...)

(remember this from Bugs Bunny - tee hee !)

Our Spring Walkabout Story begins in the studio...

So you know it is Spring, right, Kim ?


In Spring, everyone feels energized. They feel like there are new plans to be launched, new growth that needs to happen, bright sunshine warming up those creative juices, etc...

How you feeling, Kim ?

Not quite like that, eh ? ;)

You wanna try and do something about it ?

Good. This is your one juicy, sweet life. Let's go live the Spring !

Deep breath, and we are off...

Here's what Kim saw, smelled, felt and heard on her Spring Walkabout - around the pond at Livingston Park...

The ice is gone, the buds are bursting,

the air was filled with that muddy mucky, still water smell along with sweet green-ness...

I even met a tree who seemed to be all ready for a date with me.

See his ruffled tuxedo shirt ?

First we got to know one another, shared a couple of secrets...

and then I slept with him...

Just joking, I am not that kind of girl at all !

We did share a few smiles and laughs though...

Then I wandered on.

I came upon a noisy spot.

The three or four huge pine trees were filled with birds of all kinds making a racket!

There was a house that sits on the edge of the pond where they have hung many bird feeders.

Hence the racket and the multi-bird hangout.

I only caught this one flying away with my camera...

Spotted this wickedly witchy looking bush, still waiting for its buds to pop...

And further on I saw the evidence of that crazy winter storm that knocked down

so many of the trees in our area.

The city just chopped them up to clear the walking path around the pond...

Doesn't the sap look like paint drips...cool circle...

On the far side of the pond, it is quieter. The wind dies down and

the sun's warmth started to hit me...

I could feel a change come over me...

Maybe it was the Vitamin D, or maybe it was just the power of Spring...

I felt that I had finally taken the time to

And guess what ?

I was fortunate enough to hear an answer when I did!

Now I just have to take that answer to heart,

give it some love,

and let it take me where I am supposed to be.

I will get there...

Spring told me so...

Big LOve to you, Beautiful Ones.

May Spring hold some answers for you too!

(The wonderful Leah at Creative Everyday has proposed exploring the theme of the senses this month. Go and checkout the inspiring stuff happening there.)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU look marvelous darling (as Billy Chrystal would say), haircut soooooo fashionable! Beautiful shots of new growth, witchy bush is Henry Lauder's walking stick I think, aren't they cool!
I love the shot of the bird flying, I am sure that will be on a page some day soon.

xo

beth said...

how fun...
and you look marvelous and happy and sassy in all those photos....
wish i could have been there....

Leah said...

Oh, Kim, this post made me smile from ear to ear. Loved it soooo much!!

Rowena said...

Wonderful walk and wonderful inspiration. I think you're right. We do need to know that what we do matters, I'm glad I listened to my own self and what she needed to hear.

We also need to take a walk around the lake (great quote btw) and to just exist there for the spring. And allow the bursting to the season to burst some frozen thing inside of us.

Here's to Spring!

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

What a delight to go on a walk with you! Thanks for taking us along. I love the sap on that tree- wow.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Kudos to you for taking the bull by the horns. It's easy to wallow and want to wait for the spirit to move us. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in motion first. Not only that, but you got to use the word "hence" in a sentence! Ha!

Kate Robertson said...

I am still feeling yucky so this was definitely a pick up for me. Loved the whole thing. Being a tree lover i got a kick out of your interaction. You do look Mahvelous Dahling as everyone has noted before me. I went on the walk with and soaked up the sun too. Feels great, thanks for the journey.

Kate

lynne h said...

oh kim, soak up that sun and tree love... there is no more potent medicine... xo

Mary said...

loved this post - everything about it!! wonderful photos, and love the spray of freckles across your lovely face!!

gretchen said...

Love, love love this post!
Check your email- I have something fun to share with you!
xoxo

Rita said...

This was really a fun spring walk. Loved the photos! :):)

Paula said...

Thank you for sending smiles my way; I love this post. Soak up that sun...we had a week of it and then rain today. But, oh I loved it when we had it.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Gorgeous! I loved this post. It was just what I needed tonight after a long, hard, not so nice day. How nice to see those lovely visions - the ruffled-shirt tree, and your beautiful romance together (LOL!) and the excellent witchy bush, and the birdy.... and the bugs bunny music in the backgroudn. Ahhhhh. I feel much better now. Thank you, beautiful one. Big Love to you! xo Serena

Cindy said...

I loved going on the walk with you, I can tell that sun felt great shining on your face. I wanted to be sitting there with you. take care.

Mary said...

about noticing the cry getting louder, yes I have!! :)

It's what we were meant for - it's who we were meant for!

Blessings!

Julie said...

I loved going on this walk with you.

Jennifer said...

I love your beautiful self portraits Kim! I love this moment too :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place to walk! I'm glad you found answers to your questions:)

organicsyes said...

loved the sound track with the images...wonderful!

Still smiling:)

Kat said...

What a fun post! Thank you!

Bethany said...

I loved that ruffled tuxedo image. Perfect.
And the tree lovin, so sweet and perfect.
We all need time for that.
Great walk about, great facial expressions too. Made me smile.
Glad you got some answers.
Peace and renewal to you dear.