Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dwelling…

Here is my latest journal page.

Did you know that a 40-something woman has lots of physical stuff to deal with, especially when she is on the round side (okay, very round), kind of hates exercise and loves her sweet stuff ? body (1)

It has come to my attention in a big way that NOW is the time to start facing the issue of how I take care of myself, or in many ways, don’t take care of myself. body (2)I do know a couple of things for sure about how I will have to go about making some major changes in my life.

I will need to do things in baby steps, changing little behaviors here and there that will add up to bigger ones. While I used the cold turkey method to quit my 20 year smoking habit two years ago now, I think making changes in eating, exercising and a lot of self-care needs to be done in a more gentle, long term goals for me. Otherwise, I quickly get overwhelmed and give up before I have started !

And most of all, I will have to make the changes with LOVE and Appreciation for the incredible Being that I am and for the Vessel that was giving to me to make my way through the world.IMG - Copy (2)

Change is on the way, my friends. Necessary change. And you can bet that the Queen will make good use of her Creativity and her Big Heart to make it happen.

ivegotthepowerrock

________________________________________________________________

In addition to talking a little bit about some new projects of mine, I wanted to be sure and share some of the great stuff that some incredible bloggers I know are up to right now.

Seth at the Altered Page is once more organizing his Buried Treasure project where he links together a whole bunch for bloggers who have chosen to revisit one of their favorite posts from the past ! So cool !DSC_0579-1[1]

The event takes place tomorrow, Thursday July 15th and yours truly will be digging through the archives today to find something that I would like to re-post especially for the occasion. You can still join in – head over to Seth’s blog and drop him a comment !

30_Journals_30_Days[1]Have you been checking out all the great Art Journalers that Connie at Dirty Footprints Studio has been promoting all month ? She is featuring 30 different artists for 30 days in the month of July. Each artist is sharing how they got into art journaling, their favorite tools and materials and giving bits of inspiration that are great for the newbie and the more experienced art journaler alike. (Be sure to check out July 22 post – that’s when the Queen of Arts makes an appearance !)

youhavetodayrock2

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, Beautiful Ones !

Big Love !

22 comments:

Elena said...

Whoa! I could have been writing this post about the journal page (except I can't journal). Feeling all those 'physical' dilemmas as well. And it sure is easy to get overwhelmed. It's a beautiful page and thanks for sharing the other links.

Unknown said...

great post here ....

I recently started walking again (every day) .... and not for my looks or my health ... only because I know it helps to battle depression. The 40's really have done a number on me - and I'm just not going to take it any more :)

beth said...

your ability to be inspiring is amazing and i love you for that !

thank you for being you and for being open and honest and well, for being a wonderfully warm spot to fall.....

xoxoxo

ps....you have inspired me to make a few of my own rocks with my new mantra....thank you for that !

Sueann said...

Yes change can be overwhelming. And I am glad you are going to "love" yourself all the way through this journey!
Your are inspiring me to continue on my road to wellness!
Much blessing and good luck
Hugs
SueAnn

Rita Vindedzis said...

Why does it take us women so long to realize that we have to take care of ourselves first? It took me almost 50 years to get that.

Congratulations on quitting smoking cold turkey after 20 years. That's huge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the baby steps to change end up being bigger than the leaps! I too get the loves sweets, roundness, don't want to make those changes thing either! congrats on the Connie interview! xox Corrine

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love this piece. The colors the quotes, the fact that you used the shape of a woman, perfect. You do have the power too! Baby steps do help things, I know you can do it.

Mary said...

I so hear you!! I am 54 and am still dealing with those extra 20lbs. I make a dent in them, then they come back!!!!! I tell myself they don't matter, then I tell myself they do!!!
I know as I age and my aches and pains grow as well, that stopping the yo-yo crap would be a good thing to do!! I want to be healthy and yes, look good too! I don't want to be so "self-focused" and turn inward, and I do that too much when I don't like how I look. I want it to be a non-issue and get on with other things!!! I do know my extra weight is wrapped up in other issues as well!!

Yes, I have been following Connie's 30 days, 30 journals. I'm on today!! :) Will definitely make sure I visit on the 22nd!!

Thanks for the great post!!!

Hugs!!

Cheri said...

Your art journal page is beautiful and I can totally relate. I am 49 and don't want to enter my 50's with all this extra weight and feeling deprived every time I pass on a dessert. In fact I did an art journal page on this topic earlier this month - http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com/2010/07/art-journal.html

LOVE the "I've got the power" rock! Need to make myself one!

martha brown said...

Baby steps are good, Kim! I cut out after supper snacks last year and now I don't miss them. I've recently started exercising again and I feel great. Unfortunately, neither of these have led to weight loss, but perhaps stopped the gaining? that's what I'm clinging to :)

lynne h said...

you've DEFINITELY got the power, baby!! xo

Corinne Cunningham said...

That page is gorgeous...
It really is so important to focus on honoring your body, and the little steps make the biggest difference :)

A Miraculous Meliss said...

If you quit smoking and have stayed quit YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!!! I believe in you.

The word vessel has been coming up a lot lately in my journey. It's a good word.

~magick~
Melissa

lyle said...

you can do it! and we'll all be cheering for you! good going,kim see you at seth's latest party!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I'm so excited you are going to be a part of Connie's 30 days project - can't wait to read about your journaling process Kim!

I'm with you on the health issue - I feel like it's now or never... either I get my health on track now or I'll be facing health issues that have plagued my family (heart disease being the most terrifying). I'm seriously considering hiring a nutritionist as my first baby step - someone to help me figure out how I can manage our diet a little better and maybe even keep us accountable. Blessings to us both as we start down this path to healthy living!!

rachel awes said...

oh how i love your rock messages! & your page is so honest & tender! i send big love to your whole self this morning! xox

Rosie said...

Kim, I love visiting your blog and you're right, it has been a while! Glad to see you again via Seth! I have similar weight gain issues and a distinct aversion to exercise|!! I don't regret giving up the weed though!! xoxoxo

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Such beautiful pages. I always love seeing what you are going to do next.

arlene said...

Little tiny steps Kim. I started by taking my Omega's and Vitamin D, and drinking an extra couple of glasses of water. When I get off track, that's what I concentrate on getting back to. It's underwhelming, and has huge benefits that I can feel immediately. And quitting smoking is so HUGE!! Good for you! You can do anything!!

Bethany said...

Hi Kim dear,
I'm right with you on all that. When it comes to changes that have to do with my eating and moving, I have to do it slow and steady, so it becomes a new habit. And with kindness and forgiveness. It's easy to whip yourself into shape, much harder, but better and long lasting to take the baby steps needed to nurture yourself properly. I am with you, cheering you on and continuing to try to make better choices each day, each moment, one cookie at a time. One walk at a time.
It's amazing how much better you will feel, inside and out, I promise.
Love your art too, as always.

Bethany said...

PS, I love love love the roots and the little details around the vessel inside. I love too your bright rocks. YOu make me swoon.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?