Tuesday, April 14, 2015

“Like A Garden for my Eyes” – April, 2015

The last six days have been filled withIMG_1494  the heady scent of eucalyptus,

IMG_1495

beautiful marks on wools, silks and papers,

IMG_1503

smiles, laughter and chats with amazing women,

IMG_1500

(and other beings like Zola).

IMG_1511

Stitch time gave way

IMG_1521

to a bit of glorious beach time,

IMG_1526

followed by a larger sit and stitch gathering,

IMG_1525

that filled the soul’s need to just BE

with like minded people in a safe and creative space.

IMG_1527        My dear friend Sherri has provided such a space for creative people to gather at her

art studio, Art More Place, in Melbourne, Fl.

And we have provided one another with a deep, rich and oh so comfortable friendship that makes me so very grateful !

Love you, Sherri !

 

I arrived home yesterday, happy to see my honey and my own furry creatures.

This morning I took the time to work in my art journal,

something I have been missing a lot and

a wellness tool that I am determined to pick up again.

 IMG_1542 Pumpkin was determined to sit and purr on the journal instead !

IMG_1543 

So we compromised. ;)

IMG_1545

This is what came through this morning.

  IMG_1548 

I can see the influence of stitches, gathering, friendship and a garden of color from my trip.

Can you ?

IMG_1549

Hope this month of April is filling up your Soul, beautiful Ones !

Big Love !

5 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Beautiful Post. I am HAPPY. I look nearly everyday to seek your words...I scared myself into thinking you were gone. Thank-You for being here...MJohnson

patti said...

Happy times for you Kim! Gotta love that Pumpkin!

Unknown said...

You do such beautiful work - and the inspiration of being with kindred spirits shows like a glow of quiet jot on your journal page - no wonder your kitty wanted to stay close.

Unknown said...

You do such beautiful work - and the inspiration of being with kindred spirits shows like a glow of quiet jot on your journal page - no wonder your kitty wanted to stay close.

Anonymous said...

What a great class and glad to see more of your beautiful journal pages. I missed your beings. xox