Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gorgeous Mail, Kitty Cat Tails…

Having been away for a week meant coming home to some juicy mail !

David complained that he got all the bills and annoying flyers while I get all the colorful mail.

Just another example of what happens when you send the love out and it comes back to you tenfold ! I am blessed to be part of such a great arty community that loves to share !

003

The first package I opened was from my blogpal Bethany from Bloom.

She has been a little quiet in Blogland lately but a while back she send me a note saying she had picked up two copies of Pam Carriker’s Art at the Speed of Life by accident and wanted to share her extra one with me !

004005

006

Of course I am thrilled ! This book looks like such a juicy one !!! Can’t wait to spend some time exploring it !

Then there were of course many wonderful pieces of art in the form of the DIY Postcard Swap that Hanna of  iHanna’s Blog hosted for so many of us.

Talk about your colorful mail !!!

011

One piece was from our hostess with the mostest, Hanna from iHanna’s Blog

008

This pointillism pretty is from P Strangetown in Spain.

009

The cactus beauty comes from Regina from CreativeKismet in Arizona.

013

Some playful painting from Mary from joyful ploys in Arkansas.

015

The gorgeous gift of collage from my long time blogging friend Roberta from RCS Creations.

018

My fellow Montrealer, Sylivie from The Art of Miss KoolAid sent this beautiful cuppa with a reminder to take time just for me.

019

This interesting piece from S.Arden Hill from Winnipeg, Canada at fourfortheday.com had me looking and looking…What do you see ?

023

This pretty stitched watercolor tag piece was from Charlotte from Sweden (not sure of her blog).

021

And this exquisite drawing is from Tari June at studiomailbox.com in Germany. I am in love with the heart in the hands…

I really loved doing this swap, both for the fun of creating pieces of art for others and for receiving these amazing gifts in rethurn!

Thanks so much again, Hanna, for all you do to make it happen !

One last treasure graced my mailbox yesterday.

That was these amazing teabag origami peace cranes that I purchased from Kim Anderson at art in red wagons.

026

Kim lovingly folded and strung these little treasures and has them for sale for just $10.00 in her etsy shop with all proceeds going to the Japan Relief Fund.

027028

They will be hanging in the studio later today and I will be reminded of how grateful I am for all that I have every time I look at them.

While the mail art was a lovely homecoming, the less wonderful part of my first day home was that sill Cosmo cat swallowed a 15 inch linen cord from a necklace he found in the studio.

DSC02302 

I got him to the vet quickly as I saw him do the deed ! But though they tried to induce vomiting to get him to throw it up, it was still in him after an afternoon at the vets.

Now after 3 doses of laxatives, and a night in his own private room in our house, he isn’t eating, hasn’t pooped, and just isn’t well.

A call to the vet this morning now has me bringing him back in for some more fluids and checking him back in to the pet hospital, and probably facing up to the fact that he will need a costly surgery to get the damn cord out of him.

Poor little Boo. Poor Mommy ! Bring on the credit card debt.

Send your kitty prayers for the little bugger, okay ?

I hope you have a sweet and colorful Tuesday, Beautiful Ones.

Big Love !

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Poor Cosmo!!! I bet that will be the last time the little rascal thinks a "cord" is a play toy....hope surgery can be avoided (for the cat's sake and the sake of your credit card debt! -- Oh David, that one will be for you when that mail arrives!! lol!!).

As for your mail...beauty surrounds you. From those gorgeous pansy "LOVE" stamps to the post cards (each of which is unique and beautiful!...the one you questioned us on looks to me like a mother and child...mother holding a child...), to your origami birds (I think I want some of those!!) - you are so blessed.

And here is to good friends who realize they have abundance and want to share the wealth...very generous of Bethany to give you the extra copy of Pam's book!

Sending up good vibes for Cosmo Kitty!!! xoxo

Marit said...

Oh dear... they say cats are smart but I know from experience... not áll cats!!! I hope Cosmo is doing OK and will come out of surgery really great and never, ever do it again!!! I'll send good vibes your way Kim!!! And oh, I love those postcards. Each and every one of them. THe 'shape' got me puzzled too, and Pippi Langstrumpf brought back sweet memories! I thought it was from a Swedish girl - but Spain?!!! Oh, pipi is loved all over the world!

Snap said...

dragon vibes on their way to Cosmo. poor baby .. cords/twine/yarn ... just too tempting for kitties! Mail Call is a wonderful thing! You hit the jackpot.

Anonymous said...

Poor Cosmo kitty. What a silly thing to do, know all about the credit card vet debt. Hate to even think it. Fantastic mail, great old friends and new. What a nice welcome back.
xox Corrine

iHanna said...

Such beautiful postcards (including mine! yay, so glad to see it arrived safely!), thanks for sharing!

My best to you, Cosmo and your credit card. Hope he feels better soon!

patti said...

I love all this beautiful art!

Here's hoping Cosmo will be alright again soon. I always think of my two furry friends as little two-year-olds. You can't leave them alone for a minute or they get into strife!

Cindy said...

Hoping Cosmo will be okay soon. goodness they do the strangest things don't they. Love love all your mail. what great art. The picture from Winnipeg...maybe people hugging, or something. lol. hugs glad your home safe and sound.

Sophie said...

Poor little Boo! Hope he gets better soon.

I just started reading that book. Looks really fun.

Glad the postcard made it safely. But... my name isn't Sylvie even though I've been called that many times! LOL

Hugs,
Sophie

beth said...

such great gifts to come home to.....but your poor baby ! keep us posted !!! in the mean time i'll pray for for him to poop !

jgr said...

HI Kim,
All of your mail art is wonderful! I am saying many, many prayers for little Cosmo.

Joyfulploys said...

Hi...lovely cards! I tracked down where one of my cards landed :) First time to visit your blog...going to check it out some more...
Mary

Bethany said...

Gosh Kim, where have I been?
In the garden I guess. I was just scrolling through your gorgoeus blog wondering if you ever got the book! How did I miss that? So glad you liked it. And that your kitty is okay. Sheesh. Most of my cc debt is from my pets. Okay and maybe some craft stuff (ssshhh).
love you and love your ART. I'm smiling at all this new stuff. I esp love love love the cat art.

Bethany said...

Love the postcards too!