Thursday, July 25, 2013

Share the Joy - Journal Rediscovery

This is the second time this week that I have taken an hour or so just for myself and my art journal.

It is coming back to me how important a tool this mediative, creative and self-focused time is for my well being.

This morning was very cool outside so all the windows in the house are open. Glorious fresh air and breezes wafting in.

I had my coffee at hand, tunes on Pandora, Little Happy watching over me, 


and time that I took for my self.


A painted background using stencils, spray inks, glorious Golden fluid acrylics, Faber Castell markers, and a few collage pieces...


turned into this


Moon over Rock Being.

I love it so much !!!


And I have to say that after taking that time for myself, I can already feel my mood improving !

Here's to the joy of creating, and to listening to that artist self loud and clear !

Happy Thursday, Beautiful Ones !


For more joy sharing, be sure to visit the marvelous Meri at Love Meri. (http://meriak.blogspot.com/)



14 comments:

Meri said...

My rock princess arrived, safe and sound. And I'm delighting in your latest journal page. . . in fact, pinned it to "My Friend's Blogs" board on Pinterest for more exposure for you. Hugs, Kim!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It's wonderful! i like the idea of art journaling.

Anonymous said...

Moon over rock being...I kind of think this is a self portrait!! Love that you are rekindling that happy time of play in your art journal. love you xo

Leovi said...

Nice compositions with some exquisite shades!

Karen said...

Taking "me time" always has good results!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, girlie!!
~Dawn

Hazel said...

So much beauty! Thanks for spreading the joy. Really delightful.

patti said...

Lovely Kim! Yay for the journal - journal time is special time!

Jess said...

Hi Kim, sorry its been so long with my visits. I do miss your love and wisdom and I'm so glad I came here today! Thankyou for sharing Mr Rock Man and of course the inspiration that you always give here.xx

Anonymous said...

Simple and beautiful. Hope you are taking another creative day today. xox

Fallingladies said...

What better than rocks AND me time! Yeah for you!

Kate Robertson said...

Such a beautiful page and so important to take that time. I feel my journal calling to me.

deb did it said...

Your Rock Beings come alive, even inside your journal page, under the Moonlight !They make me smile ! Now I am headed over to Meri's place for some new JOY!

Annie Jeffries said...

all that inspiration from a happy little buddha. so sweet and happy.