(Self-portrait from my art Journal from last year…click to enlarge)
Kate from Kate’s Library (who lives in Southern NH which I must check into, and who writes marvelous book reviews on her blog) has honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award.
Here are the rules that go with it :
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. (did that on her blog !)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
Kate only awarded 3 Awards, making up her own rules, and I liked that ! I will do the same. But first, here are my 7 things about myself – I guess if I had to categorize them it would be 7 things that show where I am in this moment….
1. I will be 45 this year – in less than a month actually. What ???? How did I get here so fast? Happy with it when I consider the alternatives ! ;)
2. David and I will be married for 10 years this December. That went fast too. If I had to give it a number of years that it feels like it would be about 5, I think. Love love love that man !
3. David and I never had a wedding. We got married in front of a Justice of the Peace named Harriet Holly 5 days after Christmas in 2000, right after I officially immigrated to the US. on my fiancé visa. We sort of had a plan to have a wedding or at least a reception type party at some point but it never happened. I am not a white dress, center of attention type person so I don’t regret this at all. Wouldn’t have minded a party and the gifts, though. ;) Ah, well, maybe for our 20th ?
4. I am a true shoe lover. I have been since I was a little kid. I just shared a memory with my mom of when I was 5 years old and she took me to a special shoe store, you know, where they measure your feet and everything when you are small. And she bought me these gorgeous pinkish-red leather shoes! I remember being totally in love with my special probably first pair of expensive shoes ! I am in love with the new White Mountain Mohawk Mary Jane Clogs I bought yesterday !
I tried them on with aching feet after working for a few hours at the store yesterday and they stilled felt really comfortable. I wish they were green or pinkish-red but I am loving them anyway !
5. I have worn glasses for extreme near-sightedness since I was nine. I have worn contact lens since I was sixteen – my dad bought them for me when I graduated from high school. I now have multi focal contacts because I am very very near sighted but I also need help for reading close too. Viva les 40’s !!! I am grateful everyday for these tools I have to help me see the beauty in the world so clearly !!!
6. The number one most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me was “You are stronger than you think you are.” David said those words to me when I was in the midst of a huge crisis and really doubting my ability to get through. They will stay with me always.
7. My favorite flavor of ice cream (I know- from life changing words to ice cream !!! But I got stuck for # 7 big time !) is Tiger Tail – orange ice cream with black licorice swirl in it. It is hard to find and this summer a grocery chain in Canada made special editions of “Vintage” flavors , and my sister Kristina bought some at her house, just for me !!! It doesn’t make the 5 hour drive well so I couldn’t bring any home with me. Maybe it will always remain my favorite because it is a rare treat…
Okay that’s enough !!! As I was writing this I realized that I was having a hard time sharing 7 things about myself because I am really so open about myself on this blog already ! Those who read my posts know a lot about the real me. That is kind of cool to realize and just shows how my blog is a place for me to just be MYSELF ! What a great gift.
So my 3 Versatile Blogger Awards are going to :
1.The talented and poetic Meri at Meri’s Musing whose blog I have found thorugh Haiku My Heart.
2. Lynn at Getting My Feet Wet who shares incredible photos and great art work and is so very good at the Blog Love thang !
3.Lisa at Priti Art Studio whose art I just adore ! I am lucky to have won a piece of it recently ! ;) Lisa is another open book type person but I am still kind of getting to know her and would love to see what zany and fun 7 things she will share about herself if she feels like responding to this award on her blog.
So that’s it for today, Beautiful Ones. It is feeling kind of Fall like but so gorgeous here in NH today. David and I are off to do some errands and such and have lunch at Bertucci’s – oven baked pizza is my fav !!!!! Then it will be about getting all my art stuff together for the up coming Cape Cod trip. I hope you have some fun plans that make the most out of this precious day.
Happy Saturday !