Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September begins…

P9010005

This art journal page is from exactly one year ago, September 1, 2009.

Not sure why but there has been a bit of looking back in the last couple of days.

I think it is okay to look back and see how far you have come, as long as you don’t get stuck in the “but I haven’t done…”’s or the “shoot, that is still the same !”’s. Or even worse, the “oh, no, this is worse than it was then !!!”’s.

That is a trap that is super hard to get out of once you are there.

“Come back to the present, Kimbo, come back…!”

Am I better or worse than I was one year ago today ?

Yes.

;)

And am I a little wiser ?

I would like to think so.

I fear less, though I am still not fearless.

My love for my friends and family is deeper and richer than it has ever been.

And my love for my self…well, I am a work in progress…

All in all, I am at peace with the idea that I am exactly where I am supposed to be today.

I think Maya would be pretty proud…

May September be the kindest month for all of us, Beautiful Ones.

Big Love !

edit *

By the way, I have added some new cards to the Esty shop. A package of 4 "Love is the way" cards with one of them featuring the journal page that makes up my blog banner. "Rock My World Rocks" are always available too ! Cheers !

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Here, here! Welcome September!!

Cindy said...

I love September, I love your journal pages. I think the world of you, may all your dreams and wishes come true, I am going to go check out your etsy. hugs.have a fabulous day.

Baracka said...

yes, i agree with you, theres nothing wrong with looking back, as long as you dont get caught in the "what if" god works in misteriouse ways, and he is not in rush like we often times are. it is in gods timing that we will receive our blessings. yes you are better then before wiser and more blessings are coming. stay focused on your vision... god bless you and yours...

Anonymous said...

Without a little fear, we could not be brave! You go girl. xox Corrine

jgr said...

Lovely quote--so true, so true!

Kate Robertson said...

Welcome September and you may not notice it yourself but I think your art has grown by leaps and bounds in the past year.

This page is lovely, I do love Maya and the page is full of life and love. You have me curious now, I think I need to see what I was doing last September. It is good to look back and revel in how far you have come.

Kate

Dori Patrick said...

Hi there! So happy to find your lovely blog! What a fun place to visit! Love this quote...Maya is so smart. Have a good day!

iHanna said...

This page is so yummy and wild, I like it a lot. I'm looking through old stuff from time to time, trying to enjoy what has been too, it's an interesting process to keep going but its important to look back too as you say. We've accomplished so much!

Sueann said...

Amen!! I look forward to fall even though I will miss the summer a great deal!! Sigh!! I have so enjoyed the long hot lazy days!
Love your page from 2009!
I say, Yes!!! I am better now and everything is going along swimmingly! I am one happy camper.
Glad you are too!
Hugs
SueAnn

beth said...

in my book, you are so adored !

Se'lah said...

i love this! and you! and Maya! and your art!!!

one BIG love.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

I like how you can go back and see where you were a year ago, I can see where an actual art journal is good for that (my stuff being more of a jumble of bits and pieces). I echo the wish that September be the kindest month for all. Happy Labour Day!

Terry F said...

Wow! That quote spoke to me! Glad you looked back and found it. It was meant to be!!
XO
Terry