Monday, February 7, 2011

For Kimbo…

heartoflifeclose

(art journal piece from February 2008)

"The Heart Of Life"
I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears
And listen
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
You know, it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then, circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good

- John Mayer

 

February is my SAD month, big time.

Working on keeping SAD Kimbo as well as possible.

Going to a place of gratitude helps, even if the gratitude isn’t as rich as it is on a good day.

Today, I am grateful that I found the strength to be vertical, showered and reaching out…

Oh, and for my friends, family and especially my husband, who love this icky Me anyway.

Love will get me through…

Big Love, Beautiful Ones.

10 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Sorry for your sadness. I thought I was reading a poem you wrote. ;-) Hope his words bring you up a bit. Hugs from me.

KimG said...

Hugs and love coming your way

beth said...

this month can be a handful....let's try to make it a handful of glitter. i'll throw some on you and you can throw some on me....and i don't even like glitter, but for you i will.

xoxo

patti said...

I hope a sunbeam comes and lands on your shoulder soon Kim. Feeling the sadness means you are alive and human... Love to you xx

Anonymous said...

SAD is not fun. And our lovely weather of late has not helped focus toward the joys of the return of Spring. Shower yourself with those hearts and I now you are surrounded by love. Let it hug you now. xox corrine

Anonymous said...

This can be a very hard month. Big hug to you, lovely one.

Paula said...

Sending you many many hugs and much love, friend! You are just so awesome, and please know that you are much loved. I have some "Kimbo" stuff hanging in my art room and I think of you so often. And, I always smile when I do!

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kim...I agree February is a bigger *BLEH* than January...congrats on the shower, that should help, I took one on Friday. Chin up and carry on...the bright side is there's only 28 days in Feb.
xoxox
PS: taking the Vit.D really helped me this year...I've been vertical every day this winter...BIG improvement...it IS hard tho :)

Marit said...

Take care my dear, take care... love will get us through

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Nice gentle blog! You are loved!!! and I agree with Vitamin D. It really helps me to feel better. We have had so little sun! Loving you always. Rock on beautiful one! Warm hugs,
Mom