Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nothing but blues skies….

So far this summer is a real treat.

I feel so very blessed and filled with gratitude!

Not only was last week with my sister and the kiddos, and my short visit with e.b. wonderful,

but yesterday, I spent my Monday afternoon here :

IMG_1665

on North Beach in Hampton Beach, NH with my pal Colleen,

followed by a trip to Portsmouth Fabric, which is like the very best candy store a child could imagine but for fabric.

Colleen and I spent way too much money on these luscious pieces of silk dupioni

but how could we resist when they were 20% off !

IMG_1670

In this photo, the darker one reads as cobalt but really it is the most delicious shade of royal plum !

IMG_1669

Plus we are going to need them where we are going to spend next week.

IMG_1673

We will also be bringing a few speckled NH rocks across state lines

when we go to provide care and love to this sweet creature :

IMG_1497

Miss Luna,

and gaze at this view for a while…

IMG_1235

Not to mention make great use of all the skills and techniques our teacher taught us

while she is away gathering with her family.

Colleen and I keep her home fires burning with great pleasure.

Actually, no fires but definitely a happy puppy, some dyeing pots simmering and some bees wax melting !

So many blessing have come from this connection.

I am kind of in awe about it all a lot of the time !

I was also blown away by a treats that was in my mail box yesterday as well.

This beautiful envelop

from my gloriously talent artist-friend, lynne hoppe.

IMG_1666

It’s this angel stamp amazing ?

IMG_1667

Inside was this beautiful little piece that I had noticed on lynne’s blog a few posts back.

I wrote to her, asking if I might have a colored copy of this mermaid creature called “happy girl flying” and what I could swap with her for the copy.

IMG_1668

Well, my generous friend tore the page from her book and sent me the original !!!

I am so in love with it !!!

I cannot wait to take some time and find the perfect frame and matte and hang it somewhere where I can love it every time I walk by !

Thank you so much, beautiful lynne !

So yep, my friends, Summer 2012 seems to be a treat for me !

And it isn’t even July 4th yet !

Happy Tuesday, Beautiful Ones !

I hope your day feels like a treat too !

11 comments:

Barbara said...

A new post from you is always a treat!

Sherry said...

A great summer indeed...lots of love and art and joy and creativity and gratitude. I love that you and Colleen are going to be dog sitting for eb -- I love that she has come to know what a wonderful person you are to entrust you with this joy -- and that's what the world is about...giving and receiving both love and joy. Your silks are gorgeous and I know you and Colleen will have a wonderful time "playing" in eb's "light". xo

jgr said...

Kim,
I'm glad your Summer is off to a good start. I know you'll have fun pooch-sitting!

Dianne said...

What beautiful places you get to visit! And that silk is delicious!

patti said...

All such beautiful summer things! Espec love those speckled rocks and the fabric is amazing! Happy Summer to you Kim!

beth said...

you really are having the best summer...holy cow....
i'm a bit jealous, but so happy for you my sweet girl !!
xo

foxysue said...

Enjoy your days with miss luna , I'll be back to see what you've cooked up! x

Unknown said...

Beautiful silk...awesome colors. Have fun as you continue to have a fun filled Summer...Happy to find your blog...I think I found you through my baby sister, Mary Freeman's blog...

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time in the beauty of Lake Champlaine! xox

Jill said...

Have a wonderful time with my sweet "niece", Luna! Enjoy!

Priti Lisa said...

Lynne is so thoughtful and generous, I too am blessed to own one of her creatures, they are magical!
♥♥♥