Monday, September 24, 2012

Picking up those tools…

Mondays are usually my run around days.

Today, I am slowed down by a pretty bad back ache.

It is a chronic issue but I am having a big flare up right now.

Time to turn back to old tools that work well when I dedicate myself to them.

Stretches in the am, walking and being conscious of my core, taking breaks often while at the computer, etc…

I referred back to what Lousie Hay, author of You can Heal Your Life, had to say about lower back stuff

And David and I even went to buy a new bed this past weekend, as our 10 year old sagging mattress certainly isn’t helping.

Yup, picking up the tools that work again.

And also wondering why I get so lazy and start putting them down in the first place !?!?!

Speaking of tools that are good for my wellbeing,

I am trying to restart making art every day. Especially when I know that winter and my hibernation mood are on the horizon. I know that being creative and taking that focused, meditative, play time for myself every day helps keep the icky brain monsters at bay.

I want to get back to the journal page, and I will !

But for now,

these perfect white rocks from the shores of Lake Champlain,

my sepia Faber Castell artist pens, a little Derwert Inktense pencil and a blending pen

are just the right kind of art making for me…

IMG_2783

Oh, and some too pale eucalyptus dyed bits that have been sitting outside, with rusty stuff on them, exposed to the elements and doing their own thing for about two weeks were a fun discovery this morning too.

IMG_2785

IMG_2786

They will be added to other arty creations someday…

I hope your week is off to a good start, Beautiful Ones !

Now get up and stretch that amazing, hard working back of yours !

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Here is to a new bed..ooh la la...christen it well! Well, you know what I mean, don't you?? I'll stop talking about that now..

Here is to old eucalyptus and rusty bits and healing bad backs and picking up tools (not heavy ones -- remember your back!) and beautiful art.

I have a large cache of tools that I have not been using...and I agree..WHY do we get lazy and put them aside in the first place when we know in the second place we are going to need them???

Much love to you this sunny Monday!

rachel awes said...

oooh..sending love to your back and speaking of love...i love those rocks w/faces!!!!!!!!! xox

Patti said...

have a sweet and lovely week, taking good care of you...
wishing you sunshine all winter long
<3 Patti

Janet said...

I hope your plan works well for you. I'm sure it will. I do have to say how beautiful the rocks are. I wish I had your talent.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are re-affirming to take care of YOU !
Love your creative rocks, those are really cool looking. I am trying to get into the swing of creating everyday as well. I have been doing visual journaling just about everyday for the past couple of weeks and I am loving the pages I am turning out as well as the memories I am saving to savor later on.
Have a wonderful week!
Life is indeed supporting you!
~Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those stones you painted...I hope you feel better, take care so you can have fun at Art is you...xox

Dianne said...

Hope your back feels better soon! Love the rocks!

Kate Robertson said...

A new bed can be just heavenly. Love the little painted rocks you did. What fun taking something you already do and putting a twist on it. That always works for me. I hope you feel better soon.

Big Love coming your way.

Barbara said...

Hey Kim!
Thanks for sharing the names of the pencil and pen. I know nothing about what's available for drawing or painting so when I like someones work and they share what they like to use and why it's a big help for me.
I hope your back feels better soon.
~hugs~

Priti Lisa said...

Been a fan of Louise for 20+ yrs...
love her. Don't worry about winter coming, we may die before then, LOL! Seriously, I know what you mean...bleh, it's hard. Love your art rocks and you! ♥

jgr said...

Oh, I hope your back will heal quickly! Meanwhile, I love your rock art-and Happy journaling!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Excellent question, Kimmypoo, about the tools. If you ever find the answer, please do share it. Lovely view of your dad's stained glass panel too. What can I do with hundreds, nay, thousands of crushed hornet bodies? I fear there is a nest leaking into my studio - egads a true nightmare, it may require a (rather expensive) exterminator).

eb said...

love it all
and you...

xox - eb.