This week’s joy list was a little harder to focus on than usual.
You see, other than for about 3 or three hours of sunshine, it has been grey, grey, grey
for about 8 days straight here.
That has taken its toll on me, it would seem.
Perhaps it is because it is coming at the same time as the darkening, the shorter day light hours, the autumn season…
All I know is that I seem to be feeling pretty grey right along with the weather.
Oh, I know!
You are about to launch into advice, remedies that you know work, say something you think will cheer me up…
Please don’t bother.
(Though your commiseration and love is, of course, always welcome and appreciated !)
You see, I am kind of okay being grey right now.
This moody, brooding, grey me
is in fact kind of full of creative juices of a different kind that I am kind of into exploring.
Plus, I know it won’t last forever.
My Joy and Love for Life are too vibrant to stay grey for tool long !
From this week’s Joy List :
- little pamphlet stitch bound, painted paper books in little dyed woolen pockets, the perfect place to hide moody messages, and the rocks and rusty bits that go along with them.
- naps in grey afternoons, curled up with a dog and cat
- organizing art supplies to go to Art is You (Me and my moody self leave tomorrow am !)
- Quick Lube oil change guys who vacuum your car when they change the oil
- giving some special Rock Fairy love to a woman who I saw sitting in the car parked next to me at the grocery store. Turns out she had just left the hospital after major foot surgery and was waiting for her boyfriend to bring her her pain meds from the pharmacy inside. She loved the “be” and the “ok” rocks, and I loved connecting with her heart and giving her a bit of comfort.
-friends who get it, don’t try to fix it, or me, and just love me through it.
I hope your Thursday is full of joy, Beautiful Ones, where it is grey or not !!
For more Joy (and probably less grey joy) visit Meri at Meri’s Musings