Monday, June 1, 2009

Hey, it's Monday ! - Let's Celebrate !


FOR TODAY (Monday,June 1st, 2009 - Where did May go ???)...


Outside my window...my pale purple petunias are patiently posing...


I am thinking...about what's for lunch - how did it get to be noon already ???


I am thankful for...the rubber balls I found to throw for Chica - the tennis balls plus the dirt she gets in her mouth were like sandpaper on her teeth !


From the kitchen...frozen chicken and veggie pot stickers with soya/chilli dipping sauce - yummy !!!


I am wearing...capri jeans, a white longs sleeve t-shirt under a khaki green stained t-shirt, my green El Naturalista clogs and my sunglasses on my head to keep my bangs out of my face.


I am creating... pages in my art journal that make me feel like a "real" artist, .... still, and again...cool eh ?


I am going...to go have lunch and then throw the ball for the Pooch some more.


I am reading... "Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh. I will be hearing her read and hopefully chat with her tomorrow evening in Deerfield, NH ! So excited !


I am hoping...that I come up with a special gift to give my niece Jessie who is turning 18 this Saturday ! I can't believe it ! I need something meaningful...


I am hearing...the old cat, Singer, who is 20 years old, snoring as she lies on the pillow in the room next door.


Around the house...our gardens are slowly coming to life - God, this season is so miraculous ! Something new a wonderful to see sprouting everyday ! Has it always been like this ? Maybe my eyes and heart are just so open to the goodness of it this year after the sick winter I had.


One of my favorite things...Suppers out on the back deck ! So fun ! A good change from our usual suppers in front of the tv ! David and I do have a great time talking too.


A few plans for the rest of the week: meditation tonight, Patti Digh tomorrow night and heading up to Montreal for the weekend for Jessie's birthday !


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


A morning glory leaf sprouting - I just threw some seeds from last year into the pot and hoped for the best. The best happened...



Speaking of Patti Digh and "Life is a Verb"...


This morning I read the passage called "Celebrate Every Orange Flag", which reminds us that life is short and by taking the time to celebrate the little graces and wonders of life, we can make each day fuller and richer. Love this !!! Here is my journal page inspired by the passage :



"Celebrate !" - art journal page, June 1st, 2009



Not sure where the pink came from - not usually my favorite, but it does look pretty festive, don't you think ?


What do you want to see more of ?


Well, then, celebrate it, baby !

5 comments:

Snap said...

Gardens and Mother Nature -- real hard to beat! Happy Monday.

Unknown said...

Love the quote!!
Karen
jacksonsquaredelicious.blogspot

Olivia said...

I too love the quote and the Monday celebration...so exciting you're going to see Patti Digh! Can't wait to hear about that. Her book is one to be read over and over again. Much love, O

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Life is good! I think every one of these you've posted that I have read, you have been wearing your green El Naturalista clogs. I'm going to have to see what they are one of these days. Hey! Why don't you post a picture thought of them! (Please? You've really got me curious now.)

Arlene said...

Hey, Kim! Thank you for your comment on my Love post on my blog. After reading some of your blog, I understand why you related to it. I really enjoyed your posts here and absolutely LOVE your Rock the World stones. Keep at it - Have a wonderful week!