Monday, June 15, 2009

Saying Yes to Mondays !



FOR TODAY (Monday, June 15, 2009)

Outside my window...it is gray and wet and moist and waterlogged ! We need some sun, man , big time !!!

I am thinking...that my mood is very affected by the weather these days - sun=happy, lighthearted, rain = pensive, introverted, moody

I am thankful for...how perfectly cozy my bed is these day - smooth, soft, white cotton sheets, cool nights under the cotton blankets with my cozy man, deep, dream-filled sleeps...I like, I like !

From the kitchen...skipping this one today - not into the kitchen much except to wash my paintbrushes or grab an apple, a bottle of Smart Water or a granola bar...

I am wearing...grey sweat pants, a khaki green long t-shirt, night shirt thing, my green clogs...kind of match the weather...blah !

I am creating... a dream for my soul, shhh...it is just in the dreaming stage - fragile yet strong at the same time....not time to talk about it yet....

I am going...to go and shower early, put on some bright colored clothes and shake the gray away !!!

I am reading... (was reading until last night) "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Too much medicine, focusing on what is wrong, stupid sad ending,...I want a book that celebrates life, isn't too "Pollyanna" or "Walt Disney", and with lots of funny bits. Know any ?

I am hoping...that the sun comes out and dries out the waterlogged flowers !!!

I am hearing.... the blue jays squawking their "squeaky clothesline" squawk.

Around the house...the white dog hair from my crazy shedding pale Yellow Lab is driving me nuts !!!

One of my favorite things...are cherries ! And it is cherry season ! Now if only the price could come down a little - it's cherries, not rare black truffles from some truffle growing country !

A few plans for the rest of the week: meditation tonight, Playing With Blocks Teleseminar with Patti Digh and David Robinson on Wednesday night, and dinner and a movie with Sonia in there somewhere too.


Here's a picture shot I am sharing :

the condensation happening between the two panes of glass in my double paned glass door in the studio -

the condensation is a pain but its little love message was sweet !

Hearts, hearts everywhere ! Yay!

(Photo by David)

Here's a couple of journal pages to finish up for this morning :

"Calling All Angels" - the first in a new series of pages

about making my soul's dream come true...

(angel detail)

"You Possess The Light Within" - art journal page

inspired by "Life is a Verb" essay "Wear Pink Glasses", p.34

I did a photo transfer of a picture of myself printed onto acetate that kind of bombed. When I finished wiping it off with a paper towel , it left this "ghostly" imprint of the photo, so I went with it...

see ghost-me looking up with my shades on ?

This essay encourages us to

"Say YES"

to things to the possibilities in life,

to relinquish control a little,

to take what someone else offers without imposing your own choice on it...

What can you just say yes to today ?

Happy Monday !

5 comments:

Snap said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Here's to today!

Hugs--

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

I'll say Yes! to today too. The ghost image is still kind of nice. I can see how transfers can be unpredictable. I'm going to try to get my hands on some acetate - for some reason that little detail has been left out of all I've read about transferring. Mine bombed too, as did a few other things in my studio today but I came away feeling like I showed up in my life and learned a lot. I wish I could do the Digh/Robinson thing on Wednesday night but I already have two things on - one is Riley's soccer night and the other is a meeting at his school about the grade one-two split they are planning on putting him in. I would love to hear how it went and get the details from you later in the week. And here's wishing your dream comes true!

Kate Robertson said...

Kim,

Even though you may be feeling blue with all the rain your art is just bursting with color and joy. How beautiful.

Kate

Anonymous said...

well your journal pages certainly brighten up the day, that is for sure. And the golden rays of dog sun must be doing their bit too. I always enjoy seeing the latest creation from your world.

Grandmother Wren said...

Good Morning, Kim!

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!