Monday, August 30, 2010

For Today – Monday, August 30th, 2010

 

tdbsmall[1]You can go here to read some more Daybook Entries.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the morning light has such a fall feeling even though it will be in the 90’s today. Darker in the studio..until the leaves fall off the big maples.

I am thinking… that I will do my best not to complain today – I do a lot of complaining and I think I need a rest from it.

I am thankful for...the paint smears on my hands, my “it’s all good” coffee cup with polka dots, my dog sleeping on the floor behind me and this precious day.

From the kitchen...not a heck of a lot. I need to get some groceries.

I am wearing...my turquoise cotton nightshirt and glasses.

I am creating...art journal pages in a 16 page journal I made on luscious Fabriano Artistico watercolor according to Teesha Moore’s video instructions. Man, is it gorgeous paper! It loves paint and ink !!!

I am going...to go for a good walk with the pooch when this post is done.

I am reading...beachy trashy romance novels for total escapism and fantasy.

I am hoping. Period.

I am hearing...the wind rustling the big maple tree outside my studio windows and further out, the Monday morning noise of the city.

Around the house...laundry to fold, groceries to buy, bed to be made, animals napping.

One of my favorite things...the cards I made for Se’lah’s Gift of Jewels giveaway – I am going to add them to the Etsy shop today.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Meditation Monday tonight, a haircut (need one badly !), creating in the studio and a possible trip to Montreal for Labor Day (tba)

Here are some pictures I am sharing…

P8290050Head Gear for the beach yesterday. P8290051

The waves were a little scary big at Hampton Beach – storms must be brewing out at sea… P8290057

P8290054

I actually got knocked over and bounced around by the wicked undertow – luckily there are no photos of that or of my badly bruised pride and legs.

 YouLOve

This morning’s page in my art journal…

P8300072

P8300071

memories flood in...
regrets tug in one direction...
joys tug in another...
how do you hold a lifetime in your hands?
and what do you do now?
maybe you do the only thing that
ever really mattered -
you love.
you offer love.
you give love.
you receive love.
you breathe love.
you live love.
you love.
~terri st. cloud

Bone Sigh Arts sends me wonderful words like these every morning in my inbox. These ones inspired the page and I hope will continue to inspire the day…

I hope you have a super LOVING Monday, Beautiful Ones.

16 comments:

beth said...

hey, at least you went in the water !
maybe more than i would have done considering the waves and undertow....

Unknown said...

THANK YOU for the link to Bone Sigh Arts. :) I need to start doing the daybook, too. Great post and beautiful journal page! :)

Olivia said...

Being in the moment, and with whatever that brings you My Queen. I always find inspiration for my day here, even (or especially) when I am struggling. Blessings and love to you today, O

Olivia said...

Being in the moment, and with whatever that brings you My Queen. I always find inspiration for my day here, even (or especially) when I am struggling. Blessings and love to you today, O

Kim said...

Oh, but I DO love the bad hair day pin. I could have used it this summer, I may just be recovering from that though. I can't believe I missed the Gift of Jewels this time! I remember getting the mail, forgot to respond, it kind of slipped through the summer cracks. And I'm glad you didn't lose your bathing suit in the undertow! There is something delicious about a crashing shore though.

jgr said...

Glad you survived those waves, my friend. Oh I really LOVE the hat and the 'bad hair day' charm
too cute!

Anonymous said...

Great ordinary days sorts of things. Beachy waves from the hurricane knocked alot of folks over I suspect. Love that hat and pin, so fun. xox Corrine

Kate Robertson said...

Great hat and charm too, glad to hear you are ok and not too worse for you experience in the water.

Thanks for the link to Bone Sigh Arts, it looks like a wonderful site. I made one of those journals too, haven't used it yet but I should. I love that poem...
Thanks for making my day better...

Snap said...

It's all those hurricanes out in the Atlantic messing with the undertow. UGH. Love the charm and the hat. Hug yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is treating you well these days, sweet Kim. Thanks for sharing the Daybook idea - I'm loving the idea of simplifying lately. Big hugs to you!!!

SE'LAH... said...

I am so in love with your art. Thanks soooo much for your donations to the *Gift of Jewels*. It's always a pleasure to hang out with royalty (wink).

one love.

Paula said...

I discovered terri st. cloud several months back and found a few of her books this summer while in the Outer Banks. You know that they came home with me, right? This is such a beautiful post, and as so many times before, you've touched my heart.

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Kim...thanks for the link, what a great site! Happy love in the sun Day :)

Lisa said...

Oooh - lovely! (Except for the bruised leg. But the beach is lovely - and I'm sure most of the time there was!) :)

I like that journal page too...so many fun moments.

Sueann said...

What wonderful beach photos! Wish I could be there...no sandy beaches around here!! Sigh!!!
Have a wonderful day dear one!
Hugging you
SueAnn

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Oh, I need to start doing my simple woman's daybook again. I have been slacking. Too few hours.

Tam