Friday, August 27, 2010

Haiku My Heart - Flight

abigail'salbum1

(art journal page from 2007)

Your wings just grew in.

Life has cleared you for take-off.

Fly, Gorgeous Girl, fly.

P6270058

Jessie, High School Prom, June 2008

I don’t always gush about my niece Jessica on the blog, though I adore her, think she is brilliant and beautiful, funny and capable of anything she sets her mind to. Jessie is a private person and doesn’t really like me to put her photos out on the internet very much.

But I am making an exception today because I found out yesterday that my gorgeous 19 year old niece is striking out on an adventure. She has made the plan, arranged the details and even decided to leave a really nice guy behind because she knows it is her time to fly.

I am so proud of her I could burst.

And Jess’s courage and strength has inspired me to blow the dust off my own beautiful wings and spread them a bit wider, and maybe think about my own flight plan a little more…

Putting love and wind beneath your wings and praying for clear skies for your flight, My Beautiful Girl.

I love you.



(for more haiku my heart beauty go here. )

28 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sure your niece could not object to such a lovely haiku expression of your love and pride : )

Unknown said...

lovely!

Delphyne said...

What a beautiful young woman - how lucky that she has you as an auntie! I'm sure she would love the haiku as it comes directly from your heart.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Jessica!! This is your time for adventure, lovely girl, savor every moment!

Jeannie said...

Wonderful!

Meri said...

What a "blessing" for your niece, in the most spiritual sense of the word. Your love helps give her wings, I'm certain.

rebecca said...

your love and support shines brightly in this haiku.
i am so moved by your out pouring of
encouragement.
oh that every sweet bird of youth had this unabashed love cheering them on.

thank you for this.

Sarah said...

Good luck to Jessica in whatever her adventure may be!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Noelle Clearwater said...

She is a beautiful girl and clearly has been given wings of love on which to alight toward new and broader horizons. How exciting. How lucky she is to have you!
Noelle

beth said...

i wish her the safest of travels.....

and to have you in her life....oh she's blessed.

Cindy said...

Kim, she is a beautiful girl, and what a journey she must be on, it is wonderful I am excited. love adventures even if they are not my own. have a great weekend, and best wishes to your niece and to you. take care.

tami said...

what a lovely post and photo : ) I'm hopeful she won't mind a bit. We learn from daughters and nieces how to fly again. Best wishes!

Vinay Leo R. said...

wishing her good luck in all her endeavors :)

lyle said...

what a lovely young woman! I hope she has a great adventure! you just dont realize what a good little flyer you are! take off!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Can I say something goofy like, "You Go Girl!"?

jgr said...

She is beautiful and lucky too - having such a fab aunt. I wish her the best 'flight' possible.

Kate Robertson said...

Oh wonderful, I so like to hear about taking that leap.... and you too, I can't wait to hear where your wings will take you..

Dianne said...

Beautiful haiku and art work! Great tribute to your niece...

Priti Lisa said...

How wonderful to be gorgeous, smart and young all at the same time! Good luck to Jess...the future looks bright :)

Brenda said...

Perfect, and amazing words! I love it so!

Gill said...

What an inspirational woman Jessica is!
Thank you for sharing, while of course keeping her privacy too. :)
She is beautiful, like you! xo

Gill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ileana said...

Beautiful and inspirational! She is a strong and gorgeous girl. All the best to her...and you! :)

Rachel said...

Kim,
thank you so much for that beautiful comment you left on my blog!
I truly appreciate it and I can only hope that your days are as full of love as you helped mine become.
-Rachel
xxx

Jennifer said...

Best to your niece as she spreads her wings :) I hope her adventure is more than she ever dreamed!

DMG said...

What a lovely tribute and blessing for your precious niece, I can see your own beautiful spirit shining in her eyes, Kim.

Lisa said...

How absolutely wonderful ...the inspiration continues on here. Please let her know how far her spirit is radiating.