Sunday, August 29, 2010

What is right with you is the starting point…

P8260019Thursday afternoon tea with arty friends Colleen and Terry on the back deck.

David said he could hear my laughter from inside and it made him happy to hear me laugh with my friends. He is such a sweetie.

Friday evening, my lovely pal Sonia and I went to the movies to see “Eat, Pray, Love”

Javier Bardem photo from Eat Pray Love

(Photo from Columbia Pictures)

He is in it. Ah, hem…

(Sorry, David. You are the man for me forever. Javier is just a little eye-candy…okay a lot of eye-candy.)   Javier Bardem and Julia Roberts photo from Eat Pray Love

(Photo from Columbia Pictures)

Oh, and Julie Roberts was in it too. ;) Liked the movie. Fun, fluffy, “search for one’s self, but find hunky man along the way too” stuff but I do think it is awesome that movies about self-discovery and “being in the moment” are being made. A lot better than one more shoot ‘em up or “the world is coming to an end” movie for me, anyway…

P8280031

Saturday, I spent a few hours on the back deck under the umbrella while David did yard work.

Our gardens and lawns look so lush and lovely thanks to the Man.

I was working on making this :

P8280021

turn into this :

P8280042

I used many of the suggestions that you lovely readers gave me for the 400th Post giveaway to fill the rocks. The added bit of inspiration made the rock painting flow and I filled two whole trays of lovely Rock My World Rocks in no time !

I have a few orders to fill – one for 100 rocks for my lovely meditation teacher Deb, at Full Spectrum Wellness. I just love seeing the trays of the rocks all painted. It makes me think “abundance” every time !

And today, this will be me :  P7310057

or maybe this :

P7310068

My honey and I are going to the beach in Hampton today. It is supposed to hit 92 degrees and I can’t miss a beach day like that so late in the season. It may well be the last one.

I will soak up some rays (through the sunscreen, of course), read some trashy beach book, walk in the surf, holding hands with the man I love, and BE in the moment on that sandy beach as much as I possibly can.

Life is good, Lovely Ones. So good.

I will send Big Love, prayers and wishes to you on the ocean breezes…

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a lovely beach day!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Whee! Catch some rays for me. We are down to the crunch now with school starting tomorrow - had to run out today and pick up something on the list I somehow missed. Then it's yet another birthday party for R. to attend - that's what happens when you're a nice person, you get invited to alot of do's. Catch 'ya on the flip side and don't forget to turn over every half hour.

Dale Anne Potter said...

LOVE the painted rock idea....what pen did you use? & Did you seal them afterwards?

Olivia said...

How nice to have the beach so close by, and what a relaxing post. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day, My Queen, and enjoy ocean ministrations, kisses from the sun, soft breezes, and love from your hubbie. Love to you this Sunday, O

Lynn Cohen said...

Your rocks rock, and sounds like your man does too. Have a fun beach day!

Sueann said...

Enjoy your day! The beach looks so luscious!!! Soak up those rays...fall is soon to come!
Hugs
SueAnn

Bethany said...

I really loved seeing your before and after tray of rocks Kim, wow, abundance is right. They are beautiful and so are you. Happy beach. Please take a swim for me. I haven't been all summer and my soul misses it.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuLu Kellogg said...

Any day seaside is a good day!!

Have a wonderful time Kim!

Love,
LuLu♥

LuLu Kellogg said...

p.s. Javier=major eye candy! Me likey!
xoxo, LuLu♥

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Love your rocks. So inspiring.

Judy Wise said...

Oh man, I can just taste those sugar cookies and feel the heat from the great music and description of a 92 degree day at the beach.

Your life is beautiful indeed. I think all the messages of love you write on the rocks end up in your own heart which is big and beautiful. xo

Kate Robertson said...

Oh have a lovely day at the beach. The rocks look wonderful. Its cool here, so I am wearings sweats and two shirts. Its still beautiful just chilly. Enjoy your day.

Paula said...

Oh, I want some cookies! Please? Love the rocks and glad you had some down time to work. That Javier...almost as good as Johnny Depp! Maybe even better. Phil and I are heading to the beach this Friday. THe traffic will be crazy nuts, but I really need the beach.

rachel awes said...

i love your feast of rocks!!!!
& i too say eat pray love & realize it's not "fine" film
but i loooooved it anyway!
& how sweet is that story about your laughter!!!
lots of love to all you love!
xoxoxx

Cheri said...

The rocks are so awesome! What kind of pen do you use?

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi All! I use an Elmer's Paint Pen with an Ultra Fin Tip for writing on my rocks.
Thanks for all the bloglove !

henrysmom said...

you are so photogenic, lovely heart. and on a different level - so are those cookies!! Linda

Corinne Cunningham said...

Hope you had a great beach day! I grew up in Hampton, and we always went to North Beach rather than the big one - but they're all so lovely!

Anonymous said...

you can have Javier...

he spooked me for life after No Country for old men..

Cindy said...

Your rocks look awesome. Have a great day at the beach. Javier oh my yes to eye candy. have fun.

Se'lah said...

I'm soothed just looking at your tray of rocks. aaaah.

beth said...

love your rocks.....who wouldn't ?

and eat pray love....i loved the escape it gave me and yes, i cried.

Sharon said...

I am so enjoying the rocks that I got from you. Seeing the photo of the new ones -- well, I want more! I'll have to go order some as soon as I get through with this comment. ;) You know, that photo would make a lovely note card or post card. I'm just saying.