Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday in the Studio

P8030001

Owed it to myself to have a much needed art day…

P8030003

  Owed it to some friends to complete some projects I had committed to…

I wanted and needed to have some ART LOVE flowing.

And I had a feeling that the best way to “Be OK” was to create the day away…

Cranked the tunes – even found a sound track !

P8030006

Finally completed a prayer flag for a dear friend who is healing from surgery…

P8030007

I guess it is never too late to send some love, right ?

P8030008

Finished a Mail Sketch project that should have been passed on long ago…

Like months…

P8030010

I am hoping that the extra effort I put in to jazz up the envelope P8030011

as well an added little giftie inside will help me be forgiven for my procrastination.

If not, that is okay too.

Time to let it go…

 P8030015

I have said for many many years that having a paint brush in my hand is the cheapest and most effective therapy there is for me.    

P8030016

P8030024

Using my creativity, losing myself in my art, finding ways to put my heart out into the world through what I create…

 P8030028

That is one way I know that I can always BE OK.

For me, Art is LOVE,

and

we all know, Beautiful Ones, that

P8030021

Happy Tuesday !

(This post was inspired by the beautiful visually rich post on Alisa Burke’s blog yesterday. She is an awesome artist that inspires me in so many ways ! Talk about your eye candy !)

9 comments:

Corinne Cunningham said...

Love that song :) My song goes around singing and dancing "be ok, be ok, be ok!"

beth said...

thank you for making my day a bit brighter....

that prayer flag is amazing....

and wow....your envelopes need to be sold !...seriously, they are so fabulous !

deb did it said...

love always conquers fear....great piece! and oh how much I love seeing you and that amazing paint pallette.....I wanna touch it!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I would love to just sit in the room and watch you work. inspiring.

Sueann said...

Great post and I love your pics! The pieces you have completed are awesome.
I know how you feel about "commitments". Sometimes we just can't live up to them art wise and we feel so overwhelmed and bad about it. So "Be Ok" is a wonderful mantra! And you will be!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Olivia said...

I don't have much to add, except to join in and say I loved this post too, and am inspired by it. I needed this today. So much beauty, Kim, Love, O

Anonymous said...

The prayer flag is wonderful, what a thoughtful gift for someone recovering. Alisa Burke is quite amazing, I agree. Great inspiration as always, here too! xox corrine

A Miraculous Meliss said...

You are adorably cute! I love the last picture of the rock and the bubble wrap. simple, but beautifully pleasing to my eyes.

~magick~
Melissa

Eosie said...

Kim, ALL of your art is worth waiting fort, bold one!! I love your prayer flag and I'm sure your friend will too! xo