Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Loons by the Lake and I Heart ART !

  IMG_2609

Lake Clair

IMG_2593sm

Cottage at Lake Clair

IMG_2567sm

Two Loons in the rain

IMG_2558sm

One Loon in the rain

IMG_2606Two Loons in the sun

IMG_2541IMG_2532sm

Two Loons by the light of the Moon.

IMG_2595sm

Lake Clair Arty Shot – Fairy Land Mushroom

IMG_2619sm

One Happy Loon.

Thank you so much to the Bodhi Chicklet, my dear friend Kim, who shared her lovely bit of paradise with we two Loons. It was a wonderful gift !

********************************************************

You know a spot like the Cottage at Lake Clair is going to inspire some cool art…

Here is a three page spread I did  while on vacation there in a new-ish journal I made with my friend Colleen a while back, using Teesha Moore’s amazing 16 Page Journal Video from YouTube.

Time to just go for it, gorgeous surroundings, gorgeous paper, gorgeous Golden Fluid Acrylics, lovely bits of painted papers, my favorite art toys and a big dose of The Queen of Arts’ imagination and here we have this :

The Road to Find Out – Three Page Art Journal Spread - August 2010 P8250021  P8250022    P8250023

(Kim – notice the Top Toss inspiration here ? ;) )

P8250024

The quote on this page was found on Patti Digh’s post on the 37 Days blog. It reads :

"To stay with that shakiness—to stay with a broken heart, with a rumbling stomach, with the feeling of hopelessness and wanting to get revenge—that is the path of true awakening. Sticking with that uncertainty, getting the knack of relaxing in the midst of chaos, learning not to panic—this is the spiritual path." Pema Chodron

I am more inspired by these words than I can say. Reading them on Patti’s blog was an ah-ha moment for me, big time. I am still absorbing them into my understanding of what is true in this life.

Can I just say how much I LOVE being an Artist ? Man, oh man, it is such a gift to have a medium to express all kinds of things that I have inside ! I am truly grateful to have found this way to spill my soul out into the world.

***********************

Well, I guess this post could have been two separate ones but I do have a bit of catching up to do after being away for over a week. My landing back at home was a little bumpy, which seems to be my M.O. after spending such good times surrounded by many of my favorite peeps and then finding myself back in the studio alone. I feel like I am finally  bouncing back today.

It is rainy, dark and raw outside in NH this morning. Perfect for settling back into the studio, cleaning up some piles, visiting some favorite Blogland pals, packaging up some goodies that need to get out in the mail yesterday, and getting back in touch with that Cool Chick of an Artist Self that I love so dearly.

Life is good, Beautiful Ones. I am off to “relax in the midst of some chaos”.

Happy Wednesday !

17 comments:

Kate Robertson said...

Oh Kim, I am glad you are back. I missed seeing your wonderful art and hearing parts of your life that so inspire me. That journal page is so luminous, I love the continuous nature of it and the colors, so vibrant.

My favorite is this quote "Can I just say how much I LOVE being an Artist ? Man, oh man, it is such a gift to have a medium to express all kinds of things that I have inside ! I am truly grateful to have found this way to spill my soul out into the world."

Those words make me smile so; as you spoke what I have felt so many times. We truly are blessed to be artists.

Unknown said...

So beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing all of this with us!

Corinne Cunningham said...

Looks like such a beautiful place :)

Baracka said...

very beautiful art, and very powerful saying, thank you for sharing...

beth said...

i'm a dork and you're a loon....what a pair we would be.

jgr said...

Gorgeous lake, totally cute 'loon' pics and yummy journal pages-I've missed you! My all time fave is your •awesome• Self portrait!!

Paula said...

I love these loons! What a wonderful fun attitude coming through on this post; you always make me smile, my fried. Oh..and, great journal pages~!

Jennifer said...

mmmmm! Those words so so yummy along with the pictures and your journal work, I feel full just reading this. Being an artist really is awesome!!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

What a thrill it is for me to see my place up here! Great shots of those loons (all four of them). I hope you didn't eat the mushroom...

Nice blending of the top toss into your journal page too. Good grief but I love that purple!

Relaxing in the midst of chaos. Challenging, but do-able. Cry when you need to, laugh when you can.

Dawn said...

Kim, I feel like you are always 5 steps ahead of me in my journey. That quote: BEAUTIFUL. I WANT to believe it. Your work is wonderful, as always.

Luna Art said...

Wonderful journal pages, love the colours and your style.

Anonymous said...

Lovely place and listening to loons is fab at night and watching loons in the water, well, what more could we expect from you. Like David's soul patch, he looks cute. Pages are wonderful as always. You look like you had a restful and happy time. xox Corrine

WrightStuff said...

I think there's something in the air. So many bloggers are reporting feeling out of sorts - myself included... What can it be? If I knew, I would prescribe a cure.
This was such a lovely post - I can tell you had such fun at the Lake finding fairy toadstools among other things!! Perhaps your landing with a bump was just a case of post-holiday blues. Just look at your art and be inspired anew!

Priti Lisa said...

Loon-a-licious!!!
I love that you're in love.
Makes the world sing to see that.
xox

Elizabeth Halt said...

You do indeed look loony. Hehehe. Really, you look happy and beautiful and in love.

I love the sound of loons, but haven't heard them in forever.

Such a beautiful and peaceful looking cabin. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Elena said...

Oh you two look adorable together! What a beautiful journal and just so love your artistic enthusiasm. Welcome home!

Susan Sager Brown said...

Hi Kim! Catching up with your blog today on the sly from work. Was really enjoying the art and photos, got to this journal spread and BAM u took it up a notch!! I love this, your pensive photo, juicy color choices and the quirky doodling. Love it! Then BAM again reading that quote. I'll join u in the aha moment!! Really good stuff! So glad I decided to visit instead of work!! Teehee xoS