Friday, July 11, 2008

Digging for the Courage




The creative prompt of the week at InspireMeThursday is "Healing". Melanie included some "Healing" quotes and the first one that struck me was this one from Tori Amos - "Healing takes courage. We all have courage even if we have to dig a little to find it."
I created this page in my art journal, portraying my own "Big Dig", looking for courage to heal myself. Some people in my life think I am courageous, many of them tell me I am strong, stronger that I think I am. Some days, I feel like I am in that hole, digging away, looking for the courage to change, to rise up, to heal. Others, I am the "Tiny Bird with a Big Song" on the top of the world, singing my song with my whole heart. I think that is the thing aboout healing...it happens a little bit at a time, not always as quickly as we wish it would. And it does take courage...ah well, maybe in the next shovel full...

(original "Tiny Bird with a Big Song" - collage from 2007)
Cheers and happy Friday !

12 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

I came over to sneak a peek at your blog today, following your visit. What a surprise to see a fellow NH artist! I really enjoyed looking at your piece on healing as well, I guess we all have to go through shoveling some (blank) now and again. Delightfully done. =)

World So Wide said...

Two lovely pictures. The first one is my favorite, though.

Rowena said...

I love your art journals. And your take on healing. Very cool.

laurel said...

Great words and an awesome illustration to go with the quote!

Anna Lloyd said...

Hehe, cute! Love the colours and style.

Tammie Lee said...

what you say sings so true! Sometimes a little bit at a time. Sometimes the song comes first. Your art is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

those are really beautiful, kim :-) and very inspiring

megan said...

cool. we generally think of being down in a hole as dark. really like this visual of digging down to the colors. well done.

kazumiwannabe said...

Oh, I love this! It's beautiful, fun, and very positive! Healing is hard work, but there's hope and pleasure to find in this work. I love how your artwork show that (better than I express it...)

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! LOVE the digging for courage piece! VERY nicely done... the colors, the composition, everything about it is really, really well done. Glad to see you are back, as well, girlfriend! xoxo

jas faulkner said...

Lovely collage work!

LA Nickers said...

Lovely work!

DRAWING FORTH, at THE MANE POINT