I need to go and buy another journal (hopefully I can find the same one - the paper was delicious) but in the mean time, I am going to Mexico next week and there is no way I can bring the big baby. I bought this stack of little blank moleskins around Christmas and I figured now would be a good time to start breaking one in...
I am not crazy about blank pages so I am trying to fill some of them in before I go as jumping off points in my journaling.
I also took my stamp play page with Jack The Crow and stuck in in there...
and gave him a little story.
New journals are a little hard - they feel too empty to me.
Luckily, I know just what to do to fix that !
Fill 'er up, Kimbo !
So it is Monday morning and I am kind of stressing and I am doing my best to keep busy.
I read my lovely Sherry's blog and saw that she had shared 7 things about herself this morning after being awarded a Blog Award. I decided to consider myself awarded too, and follow suit...
1. I have a terrible fear of all things medical. It is based on lots of gross experiences throughout my life. I have faced a lot of the fears, found a "team" to work with me, who have finally learned that you need to treat me like a person, your friend or your family member and I will stop freaking out, or possibly crying and my blood pressure will come down a bit when you do so. While this is all good, I still get very, very uptight when I have a doctor's appointment, which I do today at 2:00pm...
2. I like to do things in Kim time. Some people don't follow that timetable or understand it, but I do. Things always work out well for me when I do them in Kim time.
3. My friend Suzanne turned 50 in December and she is taking me and her other best friend to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for one week of Crazy Chick Fun to celebrate! We leave on March 1st ! Yes, I know I am extremely lucky and fortunate to have such a friend ! Love you, Suzy !
4. I absolutely love Mexico - this is my 6th trip there, and my second visit to Playa Del Carmen.
5. I hate to fly, control freak that I am, and will be asking my Doc for some help in that area this afternoon ! Meditate and medicate !!! ;)
6. I sleep naked. I have since I was about 12. I hate when the nightgowns or pajama pants get tangled around your legs, etc...but I can sleep well in a t-shirt and undies which I will do in Mexico. And no, I will not be getting into a hot tub naked anywhere, anytime in front of strangers !!! (see Sherry's post to understand this one ! )
7. I tend to talk and giggle a lot when I am nervous... ;)...blah blah blah teehee tee hee tee hee...
Man, I can't wait until 2:30...
Hope your Monday is filled with fun details !
Big Love, beautiful Ones...
lmao on the sleeping naked but not going in the hot tub naked...I nearly spit my coffee on the computer screen!!!
I love these things about you -- I'm sorry you get so stressed and don't like medical appointments..but you know you aren't alone in that one. Many people have that experience...so roll on 2:30. And yes, get some xanax or ativan for the flight.
Suzanne is a very generous soul to treat you and her other friend to this week in Mexico...you will have a week of wonderful fun and girl time.
Blank journals seem so intimidating to me sometimes...but once things start being added and some paint gets in there and papers and other bits...it feels much more comfortable. I'm sure you'll be filling the moleskins with lots and lots of "juice"!!
Smart girl to pre-fill your journal with all kinds of backgrounds and good things!! Makes it far less intimidating!
I use my hot tub nakey too!! LOL! But never in public. ACK!!!! Have good fun in Mexico!! Great friend for sure!!
Have a wonderful time!
YOU are TOO funny. Stressing about the doc I get too, and I know it is hard for you, but YOU, KIM, will be fine. Yuur trip should be grand
and what lovely friend you have. YOu will have no trouble filling that blank journal and then some, oh prolific one.
Sleeping naked, yup, get that one...
no naked hot tubs, but swimming
naked is a whole other ball game.
you sleep naked.....I love it !
and you a control freak....I thought that was just me !
oooh, i was at playa del carmen once and loooved it/have an awesome trip! here's to infinite possibilities!
Lucky you going to Mexico, I have never been there. I like how you got your journal ready for the trip. When I take mine I have a ziploc bag full of scraps and stuff so I have something ti play with.
I wish for it to be 2:30 for you too. Sorry to hear you have a hard time with medical profession but I do understand. I hope the flying goes well.
I love the Jack the Crow page.
Is Kim time like Navajo time. When you feel like doing it then you do it.
Kim, have a wonderful trip, it will be so much fun. You will do okay at the doctors. I hate waiting for them though...I am worse with dentists. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Take care.
Well I'm leaving my comment at 2:27 so I guess you're just about done at the Dr.s. See, you did just fine didn't you! :-)
I hope you have a fabulous time in Mexico. What a great friend you have to treat you to this. I've been to Mexico 3 times and loved it each time. Enjoy!
I just want to tell all of you that it is an honor and a privilege to bring Kim to Mexico. She is my best, wonderfull friend. She really deserved it. We have been friend for more than 15 years. She is always there for me. She is my soul sister. Having Kimie in my life is much more than a trip to Riviera Maya. It is an incredible love story.
I love you my Kimie
all this love! and so well spent! i have known Kim since september, but feel like i've always known her...she gives of herself in ways she doesn't even realize...there is a great warm, glow around her. Kim, your secret is out...now, have a fabulous time in Mexico - i live vicariously through other people's travels. Linda E
The only thing better than having a friend who plans a chic-trip to Mexico and invites me would be to BE the friend who could plan it and take my pals! You are blessed!
Enjoy it Kim, and get inspired by the spicy culture, the lovely light, the vibrant colours and bring it all home to share with us in your ART!!
So glad you're going to Mexico! what a great post, Kim. You're going to have fun. xo, O
The things you learn about people on their blogs! So glad you won't be sitting around burning your bare kishkas in a hot tub any time soon. Yes, naked in a hot tub is a no-no, especially a "public" one. Hope everything went smoothly at the doctor's yesterday. I saw an art journal in Omer that has lovely torn edges (like the one Connie has) but it wasn't a spiral binding so I didn't buy it but the paper looked wonderful. I'm working in a Fabriano one now, it doesn't have a spiral binding either but it was so beautiful I had to buy it, then I just "saved" it, couldn't bring myself to muck it up. Silly me, I'm mucking it up plenty now.
Have a wonderful trip Kim! May your days be filled with inspiration and happiness. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Oh, mistresspiece. I just got it (on my second visit). Duh, I am so slow. I hope your medical visit went just fine.
I like how you're breaking in your new journal. I'm trying to make myself do more in my art journal. I love working in it, love looking at it after I've worked in it, but just don't seem to make the time to do it.
Have a great trip!
I hope you have a fun trip!
My mom used to buy us long flannel nightgowns. They would get all tangled up around my legs at night and I just hated it. I'd have to get up what felt like a million times a night to un-tangle them.
You sleep naked? No wonder you and the King have such a hot romance going on. ;)
just wanted to say that your DIY card arrived today and that I love it!
thank you so very much.
greetings from Poland
p.s. I love your rocks of wisdom. :)
Wow, I love your blog! I love crows...your stamps are great, I am currently taking a class to learn how to make my own stamps. Definitely adding you to my favorites!
Post a Comment