Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day !

Daddy and Me - Circa 1969
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there ! My father has been gone since March of 1996 - that's twelve years....unbelievable... Today we went out for lunch with the hubby's dad, which is nice but Father's Day is always bittersweet fo me now. I think of all the moments and events that he has missed...he never met the hubby... he never met his two grandsons (he always wanted a boy after having three girls of his own), he never got to walk any of us down the aisle as we married the men of our dreams... so sad... I wish most of all that he could see the artist I am now and that we could talk about and share my art. He was so talented himself, and had such an eye and I know he would just "get" what I do... I wish he could at least come for a visit once in awhile. Wouldn't the loss of a loved one be so much easier to get over if you knew that you could visit with them in person once in awhile ?
So here's my Father's Day Wish for all of you who are still lucky enough to have your dads around - Take a moment to look into his eyes and tell him you love him. Make that moment a memory for both of you. The time we have together in this life is much too short not to !

5 comments:

carolyn said...

Hi Kim~
Father's Day is a sad day for me. He passed away in August of 1996 and I can't believe it's been that long myself.
He was a great artist and worked as a paper salesman and would bring home piles and piles of paper for me and my sister to draw on. That is how I first got into drawing. We would sit for hours just drawing. Thanks for the reminder to those fortunate to have their dads around. It is so important. I'd love to be able to draw with my dad for just one more day.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
My father died when I was 15. Never really got to know him which is the one thing I really miss. I do remember however, that in his time on earth, he did buy me the two most memorable dresses I have ever worn. Lovingly with you precious one,

FAQ said...

Very nice thoughts.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

They are with us more than we know. We hold thier gifts that they gave us, it is up to us to share them for everyone too see. You are doing a great job and I know he would be proud! Keep sharing your gifts of wisdom and art, he is shinning with you!
xox
pizza