Thursday, July 2, 2009

Post 202 - Honors and a New Do

As I logged into Blogger to do this post, I saw that I have reached my 200 and 2nd post.
Wow ! That is a lot of posts in a year and a half, isn't it ?

I really can't imagine my life without my blog anymore. I would miss it and my Blogland friends too much to ever quit, I think. I get so many rewards from it, both from the connection to others that I love and appreciate so much, and also from the chance to express myself, putting little pieces of me out there in the shiny light. It is a sweet thing, this blogging world.

I am not going to do a giveaway or anything this time...seems like I just slowly and gratefully walked by that cool milestone on my own some how. Here's to the next 200 Queen of Arts posts ! :)


Speaking of the wonderful connections I have in Blogland, my lovely friend Lesley at the Funky Art Queen, honored me with the Queen of All Things Awe-Summm award on her blog yesterday. I love that one Queen passed the award on to another ! I am also very touched that Lesley considers me a "faithful and every present blog friend", something that I definitely strive for in Blogland everyday. Such perfect Blogland Love !

There are always rules for these awards, which of course, I am going to use as guidelines instead! ;)

~ List 7 things that make me awe-summm~ Pass the award onto 7 bloggers (I am choosing one special person to shine the awesumm light on today instead of 7)~ Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too (and link back to the Queen who tagged you)
Here are my 7 things that make me awe-summm :

1. I am really good at Loving
2. I have an artist's eye.
3. I love to laugh.
4. I keep on trying...
5. I encourage others by letting them know I really see them.
6. I see the beauty all around me.
7. I am open

Hey, you know that after writing this list of 7 things, I think the real award is taking the time to do a little loving on yourself ! ;) Feels pretty good.

So now I have to choose someone to shine some light on today. We all deserve this, everyday, but I think it is kind of fun to give a little extra light once in a while so I am going to choose...

Genie Sea at Reality Insanity as the next Queen of All Thing Awe-summ !

Genie is feisty. She is strong. She is a wonderful dreamer. She is a cheerleader for the under and over dogs. And every Monday, Miss Genie dances her heart out ! She inspires me and all her readers to love their awesumm selves. You, Miss Genie, are a Queen ! Consider yourself Crowned !

(as the applause for Genie die down, here are a couple of shots of the new hairdo. It is still raining here, so they are taken by the window in my studio. Sorry for the blur ...)



Okay, so maybe I don't look like a boy after all...;)

Happy Thursday, you Awesumm Blogland friends !

16 comments:

Sherry said...

What EVER made you think this hair style made you look like a boy?!?! OMG...I LOVE it!! And I knew I would..and it DOES bring out those amazing eyes of yours!! I'm so glad you did this -- it's sassy! A perfect do for a Queen!!!

Congrats on 202 posts!! And on being giving an awesome award (cuz you most certainly are!!).

Anonymous said...

My dear YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!
Just MARVELOUS!
(said sounding like Billy Crystal)
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 202! My how the posts fly.

The last picture gives only a glimps of the true 'bratty' Kim that I know and love! You certainly do not look like a boy!

Mr Brat!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Here's hoping for many more posts to come! Love the hair; it suits you. Enjoy your Thursday!

Snap said...

I love the new *do* ... mahvelous! Congrats on the award, but we already knew you ARE the Queen of Awesomness! Amazing how quickly 200 posts just happens! You passed the award on to the right person ... Genie is awesome.

jgr said...

Kim, you are gorgeous! Your new haircut is just perfect! It lets your features really shine, and it's very feminine. Oh, I love it. Also - congrats on 202 posts! Yay.

Jennifer said...

You're beautiful! I was so excited I scrolled down, then went back up to read, lol! Love the do aond congrats on 202 amazing posts and your award :) Here's to 200 more *can we clink blogs, lol*

Anne said...

Hi, Kim! Congratulations on 200+ blog posts! I just reached 200 myself. And congrats on your blog award, too! Love the new hair-do! :-)

aliceinparis said...

I think your new hairstyle is stylish and sassy! New avatar portrait!
Congrats on 200:)

Anonymous said...

I love the last shot the best..there is some real you shining there, like a pixie..

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love the haircut, it looks awesome on you!

Congrats on doing more than 200 posts and here's to another 200 and more...

kate

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love the haircut, it looks awesome on you!

Congrats on doing more than 200 posts and here's to another 200 and more...

kate

Brandi Reynolds said...

man-there is definitely something in the air. You are like the 3rd blogger I've seen (other than myself) that just chopped off their hair-I did too!!!

rock on-it looks wonderful!

Olivia said...

I LOVE your hair, Kim! You look GREAT! Definitely NOT like a boy!

And congratulations on 202 posts! Whoo hoo! The thing is, it's really congratulations on 202 FANTASTIC posts! I love your blog,

And you,

O

xo

Commuter's Journal said...

Congratulations, Your Majesty, 200 posts and a new do. You have left all your subjects in awe -- as usual!

Here's looking forward to the next 200. Long live the Queen!

deb did it said...

sassy do...and I NEVER thought you looked like a boy...you truly are a Goddess.